JAS Organic Sencha Green
About This Tea
Sencha is the most common Japanese tea. It has a unique processing method where fresh-picked leaves are immediately steamed prior to drying, instead of being withered first, like Chinese teas. The leaves are then heated to remove excess moisture and rolled into a needle-like shape. This Sencha is organically grown without pesticides or chemicals to Japan Agricultural Standards (JAS).
|Brew Color||Light green|
|Benefits||Multiple steepings, may lower blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol to prevent heart disease and stroke|
|Flavor Profile||Harmony of complex flavors from grassy to buttery|
How to Brew
- Start with filtered water for the best brew.
- Use 1 to 2 teaspoons of tea for every 8 oz. of hot water. Adjust amount to your preferences.
- The ideal water temperature is between 150-160°F.
- Brew this tea for not more than 1 minute.
- It can be re-steeped up to 3 times.